Sounds of Silence? Ear wax chronicles of me

This is gross, yet fascinating.

Lots of women have a disgusting and gross fascination with the body and its excretions. Seriously.  I'm one of those weirdos that gets joy out of popping zits and squeezing blackheads....yup, I'm sick and twisted but I love it.

IF this is TMI for you I won't be offended....just so you know I'm talking about ear wax. If that's still too gross for you, don't read. Otherwise, the next few paragraphs are all about my ears and wax.

So I had my yearly physical yesterday and everything except my blood pressure (which I expected to be high) and my diabetes numbers were normal. Since I haven't had a glucose test in a year, my doc wanted to do another blood test so I'll be doing that tomorrow and hoping that my new weight loss and very clean diet (no sugar!) has all but eliminated my high glucose numbers. I'm actually banking on it.

So, the only other comment (besides, "oh we need to schedule a colonoscopy!") was "you have a lot of wax in your right ear. Can you hear okay?"  I'm like.... 'yeah, I hear just fine.' and wondering what a 'lot' of wax is. She tells me after the nurse gives me my flu shot she'd flush that ear out if I was okay with that. Since I've never had that done before I think 'okay' and give her the thumbs up.

My wonderful nurse (who is amazing at giving shots - I didn't even feel it!) preps me with the little mini bucket under my ear and a big wee pad on my shoulder to protect me from spillage and starts the warm water flush. Now.... I actually find this to feel pretty soothing since it's really warm. Only a couple of times did the pressure against the ear drum kind of bother me but it was really minimal.

Here's the sick & twisted part of me that comes out next. Nurse Leanne says "wow, that's a lot of wax!" and I say "oooh, can I see?" She's like, "sure!" and I'm super excited to see what the definition of a 'lot' is. Seriously folks, there was a lot in that little bucket. I wasn't grossed out at all. If anything...I was rather proud of myself for having all that. I guess I'm an overachiever.  ;-)

Yeah.... I'm gross. But I do think I'm hearing better!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)