Food bites: Sugar Free BBQ Slow Cooker Chicken!

I have to take pictures next time... all the evidence of the food is GONE. It was that good.

Since I'm on a strict low carb/no sugar diet, it's been hard for me to give up certain things. Rice and pasta have probably been the worst. I want sushi in the worst way but it will still be there when I finish the first phase of my diet! It will be one of several rewards I have when I hit my goal!

Anyway, the last few days I've been bombarded by Famous Dave's ads, commercials for BBQ sauce, etc., etc. I LOVE going to Famous Dave's for their chicken wings platter. Their Sweet & Sassy bbq sauce is absolute heaven for me. Well, right now that stuff is like poison which has made me really sad. It's funny to think that I would want something so much.... but then I think about it and realize it's the SUGAR ADDICT in me saying to take it. Yeah, the tang of the vinegar, the yummy tomato and spices are all terrific but it's the SUGAR I want. I really want to yell like a pirate when I get frustrated so here goes.....

ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!

So.... I did a search for BBQ sauces I could make. Even that is difficult because most of them want Worchestershire sauce (which I LOVE) and that has sugar! 

ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!

So I said 'screw it' and went to my clinic because they sell WALDEN FARMS sugar free/carb free/fat free BBQ sauce! They even had 3 out of the 4 kinds! So I bought em all. :-)

I adapted a recipe I saw into a completely IP safe sugar free/carb free/low fat version.  I am super amazed at how tasty it was and plan to make this for guests because it is THAT good.  I can't wait to be able to eat bread again because I'm making a sandwich with this and some coleslaw!

Easiest recipe ever for my now all time fave BBQ pull chicken!  Get out your slow cooker!

What you need:

4-6       chicken breasts, boneless & skinless (can be frozen)
1          bottle Sugar Free BBQ sauce (I like Walden Farms)
1/4 c    apple cider vinegar
1 tsp    red pepper flakes
1/4 c    splenda or 4-6 packets of stevia
1 tsp    garlic powder 

Mix sauce, vinegar, sugar substitute and spices in your crock pot. Add chicken breasts. Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.  When chicken is done, shred and place back in liquid until ready to serve.

Even for the regular eater with no restrictions, this is amazing food. You will not miss the sugar! 














                        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)