Roller Coaster

Well, it's been a bizarre week for me in terms of my diet. I have been daring to almost break the rules in terms of eating but not quite. I haven't wanted a salad all week so I have had to have spinach in my shakes (which I actually LOVE) plus roasting veggies for dinner (which I also LOVE). Salad has been my mainstay though. I am at the point where if there's something interesting on it like meats, eggs, other tasty veggies I am able to eat it without dressing. Don't ask me how... it just tastes great!  But this week, I couldn't even bear the idea of a single piece of lettuce. So that was the start of the week....

Then I started wanting another grande size mug of coffee. Which meant having more of that yummy coconut creamer that I am allowed to use for one mug. I have been pushing the limits on my fats, let's just say.  And the one thing about drinking caffeine is that you have to replace that cup with another cup of water. I've been able to do that until last night. I shorted myself about 16 ounces of water and look at the pain I was in today!

I also craved an enormous amount of salt this week. Which I paid for with lots of water retention and today, with lower intestinal issues for the first time since I've started this diet. That was a shock getting on the scale this morning and being 3 lbs heavier than yesterday. Well.... I'm still dealing with the salt I had on Tuesday and Wednesday! So I have had to drink a lot of water - believe it or not, that's really the one thing you can do besides take potassium (which I already do). I think I'm finally coming out of my water retention ride because I just weighed myself again and those 3 lbs are gone.

Isn't the body the weirdest thing? It is affected by everything you eat and drink. I always 'knew' that but I didn't realize how much until I became so hyper-aware of my intake. I certainly will do my best to control that salt from now on. I was horribly uncomfortable today and I couldn't have imagined doing a show feeling that way!

Well, I just packed up a bunch of clothes to give away to a theatre friend. I am taking the big leap of faith and getting rid of the next bunch of clothes that are now too big for me. Can't believe it.... I've kept one pair of big pants plus a suit to do comparison photos as I lose more weight. I am pretty shocked at how well I've done and am grateful that the cravings I have are for protein and fat! I think I was made for this diet!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)