Pick a little, talk a little

I should write more often.... I say that practically every time I write an entry! I really and truly enjoy doing this. I've always thought I should write a book and I do have several of them in my head. I guess it's a matter of sitting down and letting the words pour through my fingers and onto the keyboard, right?

I think I'll try to start that project this year. I've got a couple of projects lines up already and two of them are shows to direct. I'm happy I've basically had this year off to do whatever I wanted. I've been teaching part-time, but that's it. I actually have been home a lot, watching the dogs and enjoying what little sunshine & warmth we've been given this Spring. Sad state of affairs around our beautiful Pacific NW only having about 4 days of warmth, right? Gee whiz, Mother Nature.... get your act together so we housewives can enjoy some time outside?  I only started truly gardening a few days ago since I was busy with my current show over this past warm and sunny weekend. I finally got the pots/planters cleaned out and planted some herbs, strawberries and tomato plants. I cleaned the deck so we can actually sit and enjoy the view and/or a meal in the evenings too. I finally feel like I accomplished something around the house!

I've also ventured back into acting this year. I did a short bit for BCT's new black box: a reading from 'My Sister Eileen.' While I'm far too old to 'be' Eileen, I still got to read her and enjoyed being young and naive. Mark got to do the reading with me and he was quite the comedian. We haven't had much stage time together in recent years, mostly playing in pit orchestras so we enjoy every chance we can to perform together.  We're hoping to put a band together with a couple of friends over the next year.

I'm going to save the rest for the next entry so I can make my blog look a little fuller! Don't worry... I'm putting it up right after this one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)