Choose To Be Happy

That's a song title & quote from my current show, Grey Gardens. It's interesting to be in a play that is based on people that existed on this planet and then to hear real quotes either as dialogue or song lyrics. Norman Vincent Peale is a character in this play and this song is a transitional piece as well as a way to give the audience some relief in the middle of so much tragedy.

During the show I have no connection to this song only because I'm rushing from a scene back to the dressing room to do a quick change. I do know the song since I learned it during rehearsals and I sang it with the cast during warmups on Sunday. It was nice to really hear the lyrics, sing along and get some 'happy' since the show itself isn't necessarily joyful.

I find that this show drains me emotionally as well as physically so it takes me a couple of days to get out of my funk. I actually got home Sunday afternoon and was aching so bad I just wanted to crawl into bed. Mark took me out to dinner since I needed sustenance and some cheering up. I have tried to be more conscious of being 'happy' as I have a hard time with depression this year.

So, I'm choosing to be happy today. It's tough, I'll admit despite all the great things in my life. I know that I am beyond lucky.  I have so much love and luck in my life. I just have to keep reminding myself of it.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)