multiple personality

I just finished a run of 'Grey Gardens', the musical that is based on the movie (documentary) of the same name. I had the joy of playing both mom and daughter so it was an amazing experience to try to figure out the relationship from both ends.

I'm still in shock that it's over. I can't fathom the fact that I don't have to do this show again next weekend. It's become very ingrained in me. Mark notices that my speech patterns and accent have changed. We laugh about it but it's true that Edie Beale has merged with me in more ways than one.

I'm going to really feel the loss of this show. At the moment I'm just tired enough to not really feel it. But I know I will.... sure I have two shows to direct this coming season and another show to vocal direct so it is time to move on. But it will be tough to say goodbye to Edith and Edie. I know I'll shed a tear or two.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)