Highs and lows

I'm doing a 'cleansing' fast this weekend. I was pretty terrified of the idea of not eating 'real' food (i.e., solids) for 48 hours but I'm doing okay so far. I'm on my second day and not feeling hungry at all. I actually feel pretty good internally - no problems w/the stomach or intestinal track. That's the big surprise.

Well, the bigger surprise is how much my feelings are floating up to the surface. I feel kind of like a raw nerve. Things upset me quickly, I feel a little teary-eyed and I'm certainly more sensitive to comments than usual (God, forbid....I'm sensitive enough already!). Of course, then I go read the news and wonder why I'm feeling so sorry for myself. I keep having to put my little 'sufferings' into perspective. All those poor people being hit by the hurricanes...maybe the whole 9-11 anniversary is affecting me too.....I've been getting my heart stomped on everytime I see a clip of news from the day. Hmmmm.....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)