Hurricanes, Olympics and wars, oh my!

What gives with the world? We're having glorious summer weather here in Washington and Florida gets devastating hurricanes. The news is so incredibly sad. At least we have things like the Olympics and team spirit to keep us going. Of course, I was reading about the Iranian judo champion who withdrew from the competition because he would be fighting against someone from Israel. I guess there are some Arabs who won't even come into contact w/Israeli citizens because of their continued conflicts. It goes against their' beliefs.' I've been reading a lot about that lately (trying to keep up with the whole thing since the war started) and I can understand the difficulties involved. Not that I want to get into all that right now but it's tough to take sides as I educate myself more and more on the subject. I think I'm feeling a little depressed because I'm not feeling well today and did absolutely nothing on my one day off. Hearing and reading about all these tragedies makes it worse. I think I'll go watch some Olympic sports to raise my spirits.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)