Hot August Nights......not!

Yikes......where did that rain storm come from? It was cold and pouring and I just happened to be on the road in the worst traffic ever. One thing I absolutely hate about living in Washington is that we have some stupid drivers. Okay, maybe these drivers are not born and raised Washingtonians so I'll try to give the residents a break here. We're obviously NOT used to 80+ temps around here but lately our summers have been more reminiscent of CA or Southern Oregon. No rain for weeks and weeks and then surprise! We get slammed with a downpour. Our roads are full of slick oil and muck from weeks of dry weather and becomes an ice rink. Accidents galore and traffic will come to a virtual standstill. I happen to work in an area that gets slammed by not one but two major ferries and being at this crossroad is annoying at best. Usually, I'm just looking out my store window laughing and saying how happy I am to NOT be out there in the middle of it. But this time, well I'm in a worse situation since I'm on the other side (Seattle) trying to get back on a Friday afternoon just like all the other commuters and vacationing Seattlites (I need to be careful here since I used to be one of those vacationing Eastsiders!). The one thing that annoys me about being one of two stores (in a chain of 12) that is 'off the beaten path' is that we don't get daily deliveries. Either my boss or me (or one of my employees) puts miles on our cars and deals with the stupid drivers. A trip that should have technically taken me 2 1/2 hours total took me over 6. The ferries backed up so much and I wasn't about to go into the traffic jam on I-5 so I parked on the side of the road (that's how far back the ferry backed up) and got out my 2 books (I actually finished one and started on another!) and listened to the rain come down and try to beat up my truck. Luckily, the rain finally stopped at around 4:30 and I was able to put the windows down and enjoy the sun and light breezes off the water. We do live in a great place and it's very enjoyable when the weather cooperates! Just don't tell anyone.....I'd like to keep the other stupid drivers where they are!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)