Memories....

Yee gods, I can't believe a month of performances has flown by and FAME is now over. It has been a long summer getting the show prepped, dealing with the typical issues that go on and eventually taking on the music director-ship of the show.

I did not want to have any involvement as a music director after a long year of doing that plus directing two shows.  I was very wary, so sure that burnout would pervade my attitude and make me a less effective musician and band leader.  I loved the show and what I was doing with it up until that point (assisting Andy who was a first time director) and the cast was a joy to work with.

Luckily, the music wasn't hard (well, it's not easy either but it was definitely doable without much practice time on my part) and I got some of the best guys in the county to play (including my wonderful husband!).  I would have loved to have had horns in the pit but it turned out having a rhythm section with two keyboards worked out just fine and I liked the sound better!

Long story short, I had a great time and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to work with some amazing kids. It's great to see so much talent in teenagers on the CSTOCK stage! 

Now it's off to be an actor again. I still struggle with learning lines.... no matter what the load so I hope I get these things down soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)