Love lifted me

This has been hands down the worst week of my life. Ironically, it has also been one of the best in terms of finding out how wonderful friends and family can be when I have been sinking into pretty much the depths of despair.

I realized the truth of the following lyrics. I am overwhelmed by the truth of them.

  1. I was sinking deep in sin, far from the peaceful shore,
    Very deeply stained within, sinking to rise no more,
    But the Master of the sea heard my despairing cry,
    From the waters lifted me, now safe am I.
    • Refrain:
      Love lifted me!
      Love lifted me!
      When nothing else could help,
      Love lifted me!

    There are other verses but this truly meant the most to me. I know I have friends who are either agnostic or atheist and this is in no way an attempt to tell them or sell them on my beliefs. I just want everyone to know that life is definitely hard right now but I am managing. I have a good moment, then a bad one. Then I receive a note or a comment from a friend and I rise up again. I am grateful for all of you who have reminded me that you are there to support and help me. With your help and with my higher power I know that I will get through this.

    Thank you everyone for letting me know that Mark and I are not alone. I will rely on your strength, compassion, and prayer to help us deal with the pain and sorrow of our loss.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)