Dawn vs. Twilight

If you didn't catch the previous blog, crepuscule means 'twilight'. Can you imagine if Stephanie Meyer had named her book series, 'Crepuscule' instead of Twilight?  My, my.... all the teens would no longer be twi-hards but crep-heads or pus-buckets!  I keep chuckling as I think about this possibility.

Beyond the silliness of this thought, I've been thinking long and hard about the 'twilight'. By that I mean, have I reached that point in my life where it's time to make some major changes? Am I stagnant here doing whatever it is I'm doing? Should I consider taking a new road and say adios to the old and welcome some new hobbies, career, etc.?

As for hobbies, I love music and I love doing theatre. REALLY love it. But if it creates more drama in my life than is already there is it worth it? Ah... that is the penultimate question, my friends. Of course, it's not worth it. Especially when it creeps into the life I have with my wonderful husband. He can't stand to see me upset over something or someone - he's watched things eat me up from the inside. Not a pretty picture, mind you. I do tend to take things to heart and sometimes things are personal. I want to do the right thing, and when someone or something stands in the way and others let the cancer build I just want to scream and cut out the bad. More often than not, the squeaky wheel continues to get the grease while the rest of the wheels keep functioning on less and less.  Sorry for all the analogies... they seem to be working their way through my typing fingers.

I had a thought. I'm looking at this pile of scripts, some of which I'll be submitting to a theatre for directing. Maybe I should shift my focus away from musicals and stick with plays? Or maybe I should attempt to re-do an old musical again and see if it presents a new challenge? Or maybe I should just try acting or design for a while? I don't know.... I do have to admit the scripts I have here all excite me. I'll be interested in seeing if any of them make the cut. Shoot, will I even make the cut as the director? That's the $64,000 question!

Anyway, the twilight is out there.... having typed my way through my feelings I don't think I'm quite done with this yet. But I have come to the conclusion that if it doesn't make me happy and/or if it makes me miserable I need to stop. And I guess I'm okay with that.


Time for me to walk into the dawn of a new day.... the twilight can wait a little longer. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)