Age actually IS a number

So....this is brief (unusual for me) but I just had to put it out there so I can let it go. :-)

I do a lot of work in theatre so I deal with actors a lot. Most of them are great people. Some are real (pardon my language) dicks. I do like most everyone though.

One thing that I do have to point out today is the actor that doesn't get that they're TOO OLD for a part. Why do directors put an age range on a character description? SO THAT YOU CAN FIGURE OUT IF YOU ARE THE RIGHT AGE TO PLAY THE ROLE.

Anyway...... someone I love dearly just doesn't get that he and his partner are way too old for a show. I don't want to break their hearts but I'm going to have to be candid with them. Yikes..... when an actor can't move like they're supposed to, it's a sign to either lose weight & get in shape or get surgery on your knee/hip OR realize that you are TOO OLD FOR THE PART.

Kind of sad...right?

Okay. Done with my mini-rant.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)