The sister(s) I never had

I am an only child so I have had to be pretty strong in difficult situations. It's not that I don't have friends or family who help because I do. Mark has also been the veritable rock I have leaned on for the last 7 years. I think the worst time(s) of my life was when my dad was sick and eventually died. So today is my dad's birthday and I kind of have that melancholy vibe. Of course, I will be fine but I just miss the guy. It makes me think about the last five years and how fast time has flown. I am lucky to still have my very healthy mom, Mark as all as my very good friends. Some of them I consider to be my sisters. I don't have that many really close friends so I hope they know how special they are to me. I would like to mention a few of them here:

Andrea - you are my other half. We think alike and do things at the same time! It scares me and yet it never surprises me! We will conquer the world together! I consider you the better half of me and love you dearly.

Kimberly - you are my heart and soul. you are gentle yet stronger than steel. You are the person I go to when my heart needs healing. I love you as much as I love anyone! Thank you for being there!

Christy - you are the friend that was an especially dear surprise. We met 'onstage' and just clicked. I am glad we have managed to be sisters onstage because I feel like we've been together all of our lives. I am so grateful to have witnessed the blossoming of your relationship with your dear husband. You have helped me grow spiritually and made me a much better person for it. I will always be there for you, dear friend!

Okay, enough schmaltzy stuff from me. I feel better now. There many other people whom I owe thanks to and I'll try to mention them in a future blog.

Happy Birthday, Daddy. I miss you more than words but at least I know you're probably celebrating in a big way up there with all your buddies. I'll be there in hopefully about 40 years or so!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)