now that's a weighty issue....

I've been pretty fortunate in life. I've definitely been lucky in a lot of ways if I do say so myself. Lots of things come easily to me and as I get older I can actually notice that I'm getting smarter - thank goodness for that! There have only been a few things I've struggled with and even that list has whittled down as I've 'matured.' Without getting too into it (at least today!) the one thing I've really been losing the battle with is my weight. I can't get over the fact that I've thought I was 'fat' for most of my life. I look at pictures of me from 5, 10, 15, 20 years ago and dang it, I looked good! I look at me now.....I'm at least 25 lbs. over the weight I'd like to be. Ironically, when I go to buy clothes I seem to think I'm a size smaller than I actually am. Still living in the past I guess. I just re-joined a gym after a long break. I had managed a 13 lb weight loss in November but then I stopped losing no matter what I was doing. That frustration created one of those throw in the towel moments which really bugs me. Now, I'm finally getting ticked off enough at the way I feel. I hope to be able to say in the not too distant future that I'm feeling better and working out on a daily basis. While on vacation in Las Vegas, Mark and I walked all the time and we both felt so much happier and upbeat. Can't lose that momentum as he said so I'm trying so hard to get over to that gym since I got an awesome deal on the membership.

On a more 'fun' note I finally got myself a new digital camera. I've waited a long time to make this purchase...mainly because I was such a fan of SLRs and APS format cameras. So now I have this cool compact Nikon Coolpix 3200 to have fun with...so portable, yet really easy to use. Now I can add some cool pix to this site!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)