Hotter than Hades!

Oh my goodness....this weekend was a hot one! Haven't checked to see if we broke any records but I wouldn't be surprised! Friday and Saturday were in the upper 90's for sure....what a day for me to be out in the sun during a parade! The kids at CSTOCK had the show to do plus they were in the Whaling Days Parade. I was fortunate enough to have the greatest volunteers help out with the building of the float and all the kids were enthusiastic despite the high temps. When we walked by the bank out on Silverdale Way the thermometor read 96 degrees at 11:38 am! That's too darn HOT! One of the volunteers discovered a new gadget called a Misty Mate which is a portable water mister (typically large hotels have misters by their pools). Wow....that thing saved our lives! We got our smaller misters at Walgreens but an even cooler one is over at the Sportsmans Warehouse which is a total haven for campers, hunters, gun afficianados and any other outdoor types. It's hard to keep Mark out of there, that's for sure!!!!!I'll try to post a few pictures as soon as I download them off of my camera. It sure is nice to have that new digital camera!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)