We've got to pray just to make it today

Several things....

1) the Newton, CT school shooting. So many children lost. Brave teachers/staff - some lost, many survived and were able to protect their young charges. So many families devastated. I pray those that are left behind to mourn will find some kind of peace.  There is no logical reason for this. Sudden loss is incredibly painful. I know.

2) I am trying to cut back on certain activities. I don't feel that my talents and time are necessarily wanted or needed in some places. Sometimes, it's just not appreciated and that's when I start looking at the front door. I think I need to focus on me and my little family.  Time for a shift in priorities.

3) This is so trivial, especially in light of what happened today. I auditioned for two shows. Did not get in to either. And ya know, I'm totally okay with it. My old self would have argued (inside voices of course) and thought WTF but I do realize that I'm not always the best choice. Sometimes, I'm the worst choice. And that's okay. I appreciate directors going with their gut. I know I always do that when I'm casting a show. I've hurt many people's feelings and it's not intentional. I wish more actors could understand this process is tough and that we have to pick the person we want. Not to say that the decision is right to you. But it's right for me and it's my name on that poster. So there.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)