Put the lime in the coconut...

Well, I seem to be going down the DIY path more and more. I'm still in chaos at home (the house is stacked to the gills with junk, stuff, everything and the kitchen sink!) so I am slowly trying to organize this place. You'd think with me working very 'part time' I'd get this house in pristine order! No.... it's not happening any faster than if I were working 50 hour work weeks! I know I'm lazy by nature but I'm trying to get my rear in gear and make this house a 'home.'

Anyway, back to the DIY thing: I've been addicted to Pinterest to the point that I'm staying up until 3am looking at recipes, dogs, drinks, Christmas decor, house remodeling ideas, organization, etc. I kept coming across many pins related to coconut oil and it really got my curiosity going. My dietician insisted I start using it in my cooking since it's so good for us but I had been sitting on this big jar of stuff we bought at Costco. Well.... I finally started really reading up on the stuff and I'm amazed! What does coconut oil NOT do? There's so many healing properties in the stuff and it's the good kind of oil for consumption, external use, cleaning, burning, etc.! Wow....

So, I'm trying to become a more frugal and organized creature by trying all these recipes. Not just food recipes mind you, but cleaning products, make up, cleaners, moisturizers, etc. Thank God for the internet, bloggers, Amazon.com and Pinterest! There's so much out there to read and it's nice to have all this info at my fingertips.

So....stay tuned. I'm not doing a whole lot of theatre at the moment (a promise I made to my sweet hubby - taking a break over Christmas and our birthdays after 15 straight months of directing!) so I am trying these projects out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)