Food bites: yummy shrimp dip!

Okay, one of the benefits of doing community theatre is meeting people. Meeting people typically gets you new recipes! (Just like church, school functions)

The last show I did, our stage manager shared a family recipe for a cottage cheese/shrimp dip. I about died when I tried it. It's so addicting! I've doctored it up to match our family's tastes (we love garlic and a few other herbs) and here's what I got:

8 oz. (1 cup) of softened cream cheese
8 oz. (1 cup) cottage cheese
1/2 cup (or more) of small bite sized shrimp (or chopped up shrimp)
1-2 cloves finely chopped garlic
1 tsp (or more) dill
1/4-1/2 tsp onion powder
Salt & pepper to taste

Mix this all together and let it set in the fridge (covered) overnight. Letting it sit will mellow out the hot bite raw garlic has (of course I ate it right away because I LOVE garlic). If you'd rather, use garlic powder so you can enjoy the taste without the heat but I don't think it tastes quite as fresh. Also, feel free to substitute a variety of spices/herbs and different seafood (or leave it out the seafood - it tastes great without it too!). I added the dill and onion powder because I love it! It's all about making things to your taste.

Serve with crackers, chips, bread chunks and/or veggies. (I love it best with good old Saltines!)

My friend said this dip has been a family tradition at Thanksgiving and Christmas functions for more than 20 years and I can see why! It is totally addicting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)