Welcome to my nightmare

We took Mark's mom to the airport a week ago after her nearly 6 week visit with us. It is no secret that she has a tendency to make me crazy at times. Certain people in this world are here to test our patience and I will openly say that after my grandma passed on I thought I was done and had earned my merit badge. I was wrong.

I've stated for the record that she really is a sweetheart and means well but has some things that cause those around her to have to call for a cleanup on aisles 5, 7 and 9. It's frustrating to deal someone, especially an elder that lacks wisdom. I don't know about you but I was raised to respect my elders, not just because they were older but because they were supposed to be learned and wise and would have lessons to teach us. Well, I know there are some great stories but the lessons learned turn out to be sad ones because she doesn't even know she is showing us so how not to behave. I guess that in and of itself is a valuable lesson.

I guess I find this kind of feeling strange because I always admired and respected my parents. Yes, I thought they were stupid and they embarrassed me when I was a kid/teen but overall I really appreciated their knowledge and wisdom. I always knew they had my back. I miss them terribly and while I know they're really here with me at all times I wish I could hear their voice when I ask a question. I do hear answers in my head and my heart and that's enough but I miss the laughter and the fun times.

Anyway, I know we're not alone in our 'crazy' mom stories. Some of my friends have stories that completely trump mine. I don't want to talk in too much detail since it's not my place to tell them. Let me just say there are stubborn women out there and manipulative women out there that only care about their world and the dramas they create just fuel the fires and make them happy. I'm disgusted by that.... and I guess I have it lucky after all. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)