Time is on my side...yes it is?

Just made it past birthday number 49. Gad zooks.... I never thought I'd even be this 'age' and the strange thing is that even though I'm not in great physical shape I still feel like I should be 30-35ish. To look at my birthdate, it really confuses me. Was I around that long ago and do I even remember life in the 60's? To tell you the truth, I barely remember being the ages of 4 through 9. Yes, I have pictures to help remind me and music is probably the biggest memory trigger of all. Still, I don't recollect much of my childhood - just smatterings here and there like broken mirror shards. Strange to feel like I've lived probably more than half my life already!

Not trying to be morbid, I promise. Just looking at the average age of people and my odds say I'm more than half way done. Personally, I like my steak medium rare and in the weirdest of analogies, I definitely feel that way in my head.... now if I could just stop the body from being well done!

Well, the holidays have now 'went'. It was a decent Christmas after last year's downer. I still miss my mom terribly but I can genuinely say I have moments of happiness again. Mark's been a rock for me, giving me all the time I've needed to heal up. I'm still working on that, but the world doesn't seem so cold and dreary, even if the weather says it is. Mark's mom is with us for the holidays through his birthday and I will openly admit she can drive me insane I wish I could explain the whys and wherefores of this but that would take pages and pages and I don't have time for that right now. She is a sweet gal and has great big heart but there is a deep, underlying 'something' there that creates problems that inevitably Mark (and/or the rest of us in the family) has to deal with. My patience runs very thin with her so it's all I can do to keep a smile on my face and just 'be' when I'm with her. I'm trying.... seriously, I am trying. I am not patient to begin with so this is the true test of my faith and courage. I pray daily to get better at it and I do think it is working. Unfortunately, I am a slow learner in this department, LOL. I think God has a big sense of humor though, and HE is teaching me that patience truly IS a virtue. I'll get there eventually.....

The big thing that was hanging over my head this past year was getting my mom's house sold. Seriously, I don't think I've ever hated dealing with something as much as that.  The house was not in as good of condition as we thought and we took a real hit on the sale price. Granted, we didn't have the cash up front to fix it (although we could have taken out a loan and done it) but we still thought we'd get a lot more for it. We did get a 'fair' price for it considering (according to our real estate friends), and the only snag is that we are getting our payments in two increments. I wish we'd gotten it all up front but we are being 'the bank' for the buyers who are fixing it for a quick sell. My fingers are crossed that it will sell within 3-5 months and they're working hard to get it done by February. Seeing all their hard work, I know it will happen sooner rather than later but who knows what the market will be like. We'll make interest in the meantime, but I still wish we'd gotten this monkey off of my back sooner.

This money will really help get us out of our debt, except for our mortgage. That will be such a nice feeling to be out of debt once and for all. Of course, we still have to deal with my braces and jaw surgery but at least the credit cards will be clear and ready for any emergencies should they come up.

Well, there is more to say but I need to get back to the daily grind. Still feeling icky but as long as I stay home and work on projects, I'm close to the bathroom and my bed so I can rest. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)