The final word

So..... my major distraction has finished and the real world comes back to haunt me.  Ugh....

I was in the midst of rehearsing 'The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee' right when my mom died this week. That was definitely in the big plan. Keep me occupied (and Mark too, since he was in the show) so that I would have something that was artistic and joyful to focus on while in the depths of despair.

Oy veh, I will miss this show. It was such a blast getting to work with some great talent. I know I wasn't at my best vocally, emotionally or physically after what I've been through but I used whatever energy that was left in me and threw it out there during this weekend's performances. Some old friends and some new were involved. Some younger and some older. It was a great mix of people and I liked each and everyone of them. 

I have enjoyed being an actor again. What a nice change from being in charge of everything to just trying to do my small part. Ensemble acting is such a joy, especially when working with such great people.

Like I said, I will miss this show very much. It kept me sane. It made me laugh so hard....it let me enjoy living even when things are really in the toilet. I thank God for giving me this gift - it literally saved my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)