In The Navy

It's official. Old Navy is my best friend.

The crazy thing about doing IP is that you never know when a piece of clothing will become too big. You have to plan to buy pants every 2-3 weeks or so. I did not believe this statistic going into the program but now that I'm almost finished with 11 weeks I absolutely believe it! I have gone down two sizes and am on the brink of slipping down another. I've already eliminated the XL out of my closets and am still wearing some larges (especially in coats since that's technically a 10/12) but I have managed to get into some medium things for the first time in years.

Mark got me the cutest red wool pea-coat from Costco on Tuesday in a 'large' and it fits with heavy layers underneath so I know it will last for at least a month or so! It wasn't crazy expensive so I'm hoping I can wear it through the holidays. It's so cute! 

Back to Old Navy though..... I had a ton of XL clothes from them and now need to eliminate about 20 t-shirts (I gave away the pants,coats and sweaters already) or use them for PJ's or painting projects. It kills me that I have these super cute Disney t-shirts and a Blues Brothers t-shirt that I can't wear because it looks ridiculous, LOL. Oh well.... and now my favorite Star Wars/Princess Leia shirt (in a large) is swimming....so off to Old Navy we went last night to check out the clearance and sales. I managed to buy layering t-shirts in mediums all for less than $25. I ordered a pair of skinny jeans in a 10 and a couple of other tops earlier in the week because of an online sale they had so I hope this will keep me going for another month!

I think within 2 weeks of starting IP I was down a size, another 3 to 4 weeks later I went down another size and now I'm seriously that close to dropping into the next size. I can actually put on the next size jeans but I hate muffin tops so I would rather wear a belt (I ordered one of those too) than bulge even a little at the belly.  Some people don't seem to have issues with that but I do. My vanity would run amok plus I hate the way my stomach feels after I eat when my clothes are too tight! The crazy part about this weight loss plan is that I could put those pants on tomorrow and it's possible that the muffin top might be gone. That's how much fat you burn on this plan! I won't know though until I try....crazy, right?


So seriously, Old Navy rocks for those of us who are on IP. I like spending $12 or less on a pair of jeans! There were some on clearance that were $6.97 but unfortunately none in my current size or one down. Oh well..... I guess I'll just keep plugging away and see what I size I land at!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)