Autumn Leaves

Oh gosh.....

We are having the most beautiful fall weather. I'm looking out my office window as I type this and the blue sky and the falling leaves (green, yellow, orange and red) are just stunning. I'll try to start posting pictures more since I'm using my fancy camera and found all the connectors to transfer photos!

I love the fall. I love summer too but the colors this time of year in the great Pacific Northwest are just stunning aren't they? Well, I think they are. The weather has been so cool and crisp too - don't get me wrong, we've had some rainy days too but when it's clear like it is today there is nothing like it. I've seen this on the East coast too but we've got the mountains and water to look at all at the same time here in my little corner of the world and nothing beats that combination.

Fall veggies are also cool.... seeing all the pumpkins and squash is just magnificent. The orange and yellows are so beautiful.  I could go on and on about the beauty here but I guess I'll leave it at that! LOL!

In other news, I'm still hammering away at my weight loss program and doing well. I've eliminated more clothing which is kind of scary since I 'might' need them if I gained weight back but I have to look at this as a permanent break up between me and Size 14! All my old XL winter coats are going away so I have a ton of room in my closet!  I'm hovering between size 10 and 12 now depending on the pants. In shirts and tops, I've permanently shifted into size medium which is a big deal for me! Yes, I can still wear some larges and have some extra large t-shirts that still look okay but actual purchased items are now a medium or a size 10.

I was writing in my diet blog just a little while ago and I had a shocking revelation that I might actually be able to lose enough weight to be a size 6/8. Granted, women's clothing sizes have been jacked around over the last 50 years. According to data, Marilyn Monroe wore a size 12/14 (the girl was curvy in a GOOD way) and in today's sizing she would be a 8/10.  So who knows... whatever size I was in the 80's (I was between 8 and 12) could be reading 2 sizes smaller today.  I can't worry about the actual number, I just have to feel healthy, fit and happy.

I'm in week 13 of my program and hoping to phase off by Christmas. I have slowed down the last week or so but it's par for the course. I should have a good week of loss this week since my cycle seems to be settling back down (the curse of being female!) so who knows what numbers I'll see this coming weekend! I decided that even if I'm still on phase 1 during Christmas I'm planning a cheat or deviation day so I can enjoy some gravy and pumpkin pie! I'll probably make a sugar free pie for me and make mashed cauliflower (to avoid potatoes) but I'm having turkey, gravy AND stuffing. I don't know how my body and tastebuds will handle all these cheats but I'll play it by ear and hopefully manage to enjoy the day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)