my small life

I think of Horton the Elephant in "Seussical" saying, "a person's a person no matter how small."

Sometimes I feel like I am too small, even for Horton to notice me. I'm not trying to throw myself a pity party here. I have just been contemplating my life and wondering what is its true purpose? I certainly don't think my career is driving me toward some kind of nirvana. It's something that helps pays my bills (even if it isn't enough) and gives me some benefits. I am trying to figure out a way to get out of this rut and do something more meaningful.

I am actually surprised to be sitting here at my age thinking these thoughts. I'm kind of wondering what do I have to show for it all?  Do I lead a small life? Do I live in a little microcosm like Who-ville? 

Hmmmm, I don't know whether to philosophize or feel sad. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)