Dishing it out but not taking it

So I am one of those few directors who likes to thank everyone for auditioning whether the actor gets cast or not. My SM crafted a thank you email to everyone that we didn't cast and thought it was very 'nice' considering it was a rejection letter. Of course, I could've not done anything but I think that's rude.

Some people make think it's rubbing salt in the wound. I don't think so. I have learned one important thing doing theatre, especially community theatre. That thing is to thank everyone for being there. And I think it's considerate to say thank you for your time and talents but we chose to cast a different actor rather than saying thanks but no thanks.

Anyway, one actor wrote my SM back this brief but concise response:

"Don't call us. We'll call you."

I'm like.... WTF? Sore loser? You'd think someone who was 40+ years old could learn to say cie la vie or que sera sera?

Ugh.... what arrogance. Just take the high road next time. And understand that you might have been good but you weren't the right fit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)