my overloaded brain - the unedited version

So I have way too much on my already filled plate. I think that's true of a lot of people I know. I think I like to be too busy than not at all though. I am not complaining as much as I think I'm just trying to apologize in advance if I seem preoccupied, distant or deaf if you come within my proximity. ;-)

I'm really excited about my show....whoops: showS. The one act is shaping up nicely and I just need to clean up and add some staging here and there. The cast is amazing....I'm really proud of them. I really think we have a shot at winning this competition (state level). This isn't my ego talking...we've got a great show and a great group of people doing it. I am really lucky that way. 'Mattress' is going to be a kick in the pants. I love this cast... they're so talented and so much fun already. My staff and crew are phenoms and I couldn't ask for better. I have had a terrific time at BCT thus far and it has far exceeded my expectations. I can only hope that the next 3 shows I direct (yes, you heard me....three in a year) will be as awesome. I can't wait until I can talk more about them.

Work is work... We only get the occasional annoying customer in there so we're really lucky. I have a few issues now and then with some of the upper management. I just wish some things didn't have to be so difficult and I wish certain people would learn better communication skills. I've been with the company for almost 6 years and while I think there's always something to learn and better ways of doing things I would like a little respect for my over 20 years of experience. I hate being talked down to. While I don't think the world revolves around me I do think that store does well because I've helped to build the business. I know a LOT of people and they trust me. Plus, I hire some really good people who LOVE music and want to help people.

I'm excited about AD-ing at the theatre. I'm hoping it turns into something even bigger. My real love are things musical and if I can do something artistic and creative on a daily basis that makes me really happy. Seriously.... if this can be my full time job I'd be in heaven. All the trials and tribulations that go with directing don't bother me nearly as much as other stuff can. I really love working in theatre and hope it becomes the work I do all the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)