Super Bowl!

I don't rant a lot about sports. I have very eloquent friends that do such a great job that I just agree (or disagree) with their statuses, posts on social media. Makes it easier.

I've been a Seattle Seahawks fan since the beginning. I was around and old enough to be a football fan when we got the franchise. My dad watched games all the time and took me to see the Hawks all the time when I was growing up. I kind of miss the old Kingdome! But not really...it was ugly and Qwest Field is so much nicer!

I normally can't watch entire games because I SCREAM in frustration. I am very affected by the environment and it's well known that the 12th Man is incredibly LOUD and VOCAL. They are one of the reasons why Seattle is such a great team. If I had been at that game, I would have lost my voice and probably not had it back for days. The tv can be just as bad because I am so physical and I yell at the poor screen!  So I only kept tabs on my phone for the first half and then started watching in 3rd quarter.

Let me tell you.... I almost died at least 10x during that game. My throat, my heart, my head, my entire body couldn't take it. What an amazing game though! These teams were meant to play each other and they both did a great job.

The funny thing is, the Niners were my 'first' love. I grew up first in Japan (where baseball is king) and then San Francisco. The Oakland A's (yeah....I can't love SF when it comes to baseball) were my first real sports love. Then I saw the 49-ers and they completely stole my heart. No one could beat my Niners. I always rooted for MY team until...... moving to Seattle and our beloved Seahawks of course, I am not a crazy, vocal fan but I love them quietly and want the best for MY team.

It was weird waking up and seeing all these emails telling me to buy my Conference Championship t-shirts. I thought it was a nasty dream. And then I realized....WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!

It's been a long time coming for Seattle. And for the 12th Man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)