Shopping.....

Oh my..... losing weight has created some interesting situations in terms of clothing. I can't believe that I am having to basically clear out my closet and get new things.

I'm turning back into that clothes horse I used to be 15 years ago! I had tons of things, really nice things since I was such a Nordstrom shopper back then. I gave all that up about 5 years ago thinking I'd never be able to wear those nice things again. I guess in hindsight it's better that I did. The stuff was pretty dated and clothing trends are so different now! I need to find classic pieces anyway.

I have been shopping sales as well as going online to look for really good bargains. I've managed to find some great sales at Ross and Macys plus I've got a couple of great online shops that I can go crazy on when there's a sale. I just got a dress and a pair of shoes that I've been eyeballing for 50% off so I am looking forward to wearing to church or a wedding or maybe even for my next anniversary!

Crazy.... when I got so heavy I made it all about my shoes. After awhile, I even stopped caring about that. It's nice to not have to buy all black clothes (more slimming ya know) and to be able to think about color as well as different cuts of clothing again. My lower half has started catching up with my upper so finding close fitting things are becoming fun again.

I looked at a picture of me from August 2nd, one from October 12th and then one from last week and I can really see the difference. Of course, when I look at myself in the mirror....nada. I still think I'm the same ol' me. I even put up my newest pair of black slacks against a pair I bought back in July (I never wore them!) and even I was shocked at the difference. To put things into perspective, my waist is 7 inches smaller now. My hips are also 8 inches smaller. Crazy!! Again, I look at myself and I really don't see it.

So I'm trying to control myself because I'm still not done with this weight loss journey. I still need to lose another 10-12 lbs before I hit my goal. That could put me another size smaller....which I would be okay with but I'm really going for a body fat percentage. I plan to really get athletic again so I want to get my body fat to a really healthy level. I'm in 'acceptable' range now....just need to get to 'fit'!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)