How much is that doggie in the window?

Well, I think I've scared Mark into realizing that I'm on the hunt for a new Sheltie for our family. Once I get the idea in my head that it's time I obsessively look and look at breeders, rescue groups, humane societies, etc., until I find our new family member.  Our girl Birdie was found that way..... it took about 6 months to get her.  It's been almost 8 months since we had to put her down and I realized this week how much I really, really miss having her around. I love my little Maltese boy and girl to pieces but I really like having a dog that is super smart, can herd and observe and is a good watch dog. Birdie was the dog I talked to all the time - she was that smart. She just knew what I was saying and I miss that. She'd also let me know when my oven timer was going off, when the UPS guy was here, the cat was out, etc. Such a smart girl... I just miss her so dang much I feel incomplete. 

I can pretty much live without any extra frivolous stuff. I can make due with old clothes, simple foods, no cable, etc. But I gotta have my books, my music and my dogs. That's pretty much it..... if I have the basics, I am happy. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)