Anchors A 'weigh'

I try not to go on too much about my weight loss on this particular blog since I have a separate one for that but I just have to say how excited I am that I'm in the home stretch on my diet. The strict phase is almost done! If want to read about my ups and downs with the Ideal Protein diet, just let me know and I'll give you the link!

Honestly, I'm not going to change much once I get out of phase 1 of IP. I do still have to use IP packets for another 2 weeks after phase 1 and then I go onto 'real' foods 100% including carbs (bread, dairy, pasta, etc.) again. I'm a little nervous BUT I also know how 'easy' this program was once my carb cravings stopped. I haven't had much in the way of carbs for almost 5 months and it's not been hard. I miss the idea of certain foods more than the food itself. I've actually missed the fats (cheese, bacon, butter, nuts) more and I've been allowed to have piece of bacon every now and then. I've also found a lower fat peanut butter that I have a spoonful of about 1 time a week. I've also incorporated coconut oil into my life but I don't have more than a smidge on a daily basis. I think it makes a big difference in my skin more than anything. If it has slowed down my losses, I wouldn't know it.

Yes, I do plan to indulge though it won't be daily nor excessive. Sugar really doesn't have a big place in my life anymore though so I think maintenance won't be as difficult for me as it is for someone with a real sweet tooth. I still love chocolate but I'm going to switch to super dark chocolate most of the time. I loved rice, pasta, flour tortillas, potatoes and bread but it's all got to be eaten in moderation. I think I can do it. Actually, I know I can.

Mark's been amazed at my discipline and results. He honestly thought I would fail at this because I have basically failed at ALL dieting. Well, this is more about a lifestyle and it really does work. I've been able to avoid all the carb pitfalls and manage to eat very healthy all the time. I have not missed dessert that much because IP provides some pretty yummy snacks in their program. They also have really good crunchy chips (both savory and sweet) that help alleviate the cravings.

Back to Mark.... he has just been amazed by it all. He's a firm believer in this program after seeing how I've been able to really change my eating habits. I wish we had the money for both of us to do this but he wanted me to have a chance to try. Now that I'm planning to switch over to the Wheat Belly (basically low carb, higher fat) plan, he'll start losing even more weight. He's already lost 10 lbs just eating dinners and lunches I make him! We've not been eating out other than Aloha Kitchen (which has a great IP menu), Outback (great for IP eaters) or Red Robin (again, easy to eat gluten free there).

According to my readout from the scale at the clinic I'm 13-14 lbs away from my final goal. I've already lost 45.5 lbs. Ultimately, it's actually a body fat percentage I'm trying to attain so my weight may actually be higher than my ideal. I'm already at 'acceptable' for my body fat and weight but I really want to go for 'fit'. My exercise plan will help me attain that as well so I'm pretty excited about it.

I held up a dress I wore back in August against a dress I wore in October against two new dresses I just bought and the difference is HUGE! I am pretty happy about the results and I'm really looking forward to truly being fit and healthy for the rest of my life!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)