IP Journey: Day 10

I felt a real urge to write even though I only have minutes before I have to dash out to the dentist (YUCK x 10) for a teeth cleaning which in my case requires novacaine and serious 'planing' from the dental hygenist. I can't remember, but I might be getting a cavity filled today as well.  Gross! Oh well... if I have had one health problem haunting me my entire life, it is my teeth. I guess that's better than lots of other things!  At least we're working towards complete preventative maintenance. It'll get there at some point!

Brief update about the diet: I'm holding strong and finding out all kinds of things about myself. I am up to a 9.2 lbs loss according to my digital scale but won't consider it official until I weigh in this coming Saturday at the office. Still, if it is correct I'm happy!  A loss this early is mostly water but it's water I was holding onto. I know it would probably have shown more but I had to take my last meal (technically snack) at 10pm because of my late night. No worries though! My body is definitely burning fat reserves now and I need to keep eating very clean in order to see this weight come off. I am proud of what I have accomplished so far and I cannot believe I am not feeling any real cravings!  I have NO sugar cravings for sure. I get hungry but I have discovered 9 times out of 10 that if I drink water it goes away.  I've read over and over that hunger pangs are frequently thirst pangs!  It's hard to listen to your body when you've been programmed over the years to eat as soon as the stomach growls or you feel that little nagging. 

I'm down to 16oz of coffee a day. No diet soda has passed these lips since August 4th. Water has become my best friend (still doctored with flavor until I can tolerate it plain). My knees feel so much better! If another 5-10 lbs come off I know my hips will start feeling better too!  I know this is when people will begin to notice the weight loss but I'm not worrying. I'm not advertising what I'm doing in social media other than here on my personal blog. If people want to know, they'll ask, right?

Okay, off to the dentist!  Gotta stay strong! I hate getting shots!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)