Life Upon the Wicked Stage

Okay folks... that's a real song and in no way a reference to "Wicked", the musical. I'm not a huge fan of "Wicked" to begin with so lets be sure to stop all references to that show now.

Life has been crazy and insane. Some in good ways, others have been quite bad. I have finally been able to cross off some things from my bucket list this past spring and that's always a great feeling. I got through another show and was quite proud of it, despite some grumblings about the financials. Points of view really do depend on how your mind works - I'm amazed at how the ability to be positive and life affirming is so good for me and how someone negative can bring down my energy and depress me with words. Cutting me like a knife (without meaning to), I really had to step away and re-evaluate some things about my last show.  Ultimately, I decided to swear and say "fuck em" (pardon me, gentle reader if I offend) and move on.  I had a great show.... even I'll admit the writing was a bit 'meh' in places but overall the show was awesome and my staff, cast, crew and orchestra rocked it!

Just to kind of catch up and put everything down on virtual paper so I won't forget what the heck I've been doing - this may be a monstrous and difficult venture but I will try to at least sum up.

1) Got "Curtains", the musical up and running. It was so much fun.
2) Went on our Alaskan cruise in May! Swear to God, I was in stunned silence when I saw Glacier Bay in all it's glory. Loved it and cannot wait to go back!  I'll probably blog about it next time. I need to post pictures!
3) Lost our beautiful mama cat, Mia right after we got back. It took some time to figure it out but she had liver cancer that had spread everywhere. We didn't even have her for a year....we cried. Pet #3 this year....
4) We just adopted a retired show dog named Birdie! She's a Sheltie and a former champion - her full name is Ch. Fairway One Under Par. She's been with us for a week and she's blending right into our little family. With all this loss we've experienced these past 2 months, Mark and I needed some light to come back into our lives. She is the most gentle and beautiful dog. Just turned 7, and is in perfect health. We are grateful and very lucky to have gotten her.  Looking forward to many years with her!


I'm now getting ready to start directing another show. God help me and give me strength! I know this is my passion in life so I'm really excited. However, it's going to be a long and tough road because the show is hard. Trying to find a cast that can rehearse in the summer, let alone finding enough men who can move is difficult! Praying long and hard for a good turn out at auditions!  This is one of 3 shows I'm doing this season. I am hoping to stay healthy!

Other than that, my blog title reference is really about some things I've been feeling lately. I realize that there are a lot of people that are mean, cruel and vindictive in this community. Sad that people have to be so petty about things but I decided that while I can choose to ignore the behavior, I think I'll choose to avoid casting the problem actor. Whether or not any of those actors I'm referencing even bother to read this is beyond me....I just know that I want to have a happy, drama-free, productive and fun show. Leaving the negativity at the door so that the atmosphere is a good learning environment for all of us.

And with that positive note, I'm going to sign off for now. Going to do some gardening - good for the soul, right?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)