They smile in your face....

So I'm ranting a little bit this morning.


I can't do it on Facebook unless I block certain people and I'm not in the mood to create more settings.  And now social networking becomes censored which pisses me off because I have to worry about hurting people's feelings when all I am doing is stating how I feel or what I'm doing at any given moment. I know, I know.... just change my settings. Well, I might have to just do that.

I have recently re-established a relationship with someone who was a very important part of my life/family. While the circumstances are not necessarily the happiest, things are definitely improving for them and I'm glad I can be a part of their life.

That being said, there's some garbage from the past that occasionally permeates old relationships. It's not the two people that have issues with the past. We're way, way past all that. It's people who weren't even around at the time that are causing the trouble.

All I can say to these people is to grow up and stop judging. I did my therapy and counseling and dealt with it. I got forgiveness from the person who it affected and I gave them the same courtesy.  I've had karma bite me in the butt a few times since then and I think I've paid my dues.  

What is it they say about glass houses? Yes, we all know..... I don't owe these people anything other than common courtesy and a smile. They owe me the same.  Who knows, if you thought about opening your heart and stopped judging for a minute you might actually realize I'm a nice person.

Luckily for me, I don't hold grudges. Never could. I will certainly welcome you into my life and be friendly. Friendship however, will be earned slowly since I'd rather not let my back be stabbed just yet. So don't mind if I keep you in front of me at all times. I'll play nice if you will. And if you don't, plan on seeing a nice shoe print on your rear end as you exit.


FYI - Nine times out of ten my blog titles come from songs. This one comes from The O'Jay's song, "Backstabbers".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)