Pennies From Heaven

I have been thriving being back at work this past week. I've missed being somewhere everyday for 8 hours at a time. I like being around people and kids a lot.

I have been struggling personally since I've not had a full-time job for a little over a year. This the first time in my adult life that I've gone more than 8 weeks without a job. Of course, part of this is my own fault since I'm not willing to take just 'any' job and I really want to focus on my teaching. Still, it's been tough on us since we've been relying on Mark's income and his teaching (as well as mine) hasn't been as lucrative as it used to be when we worked out of a music store. I know that if my teaching doesn't pick up I'll have to go back to a retail job or something that I hate doing and the thought of it sickens me. I don't want to deal with that business again.

I keep praying that something will work out and I keep looking and I have good friends who continue to send me leads on artistic positions which I truly appreciate. None of them have panned out as of yet but I keep hoping.

In the meantime, we keep cutting back on what used to be daily things like lattes  from the coffee shop, going out to eat, fast food, and other things that we now consider luxury items. We haven't cut back completely as we still do go out and have fun but it's definitely time to pinch the pennies and try to do more things at home. Keep wondering if I'll have another streak of luck.... it sure would be nice to have a little windfall!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)