Climb Every Mountain

If I'd had a hammer.....I'd probably would have pounded it against my head a year ago or tried to take down a few walls.

But now I realize that so much of my frustrations weren't necessarily about my lack of ability or lack of success. I can see so much more clearly now that it wasn't about me. I was targeted occasionally which I know made me furious and I know that I wasn't always right or the smartest with my decision making skills. I did have the heart and I did want to do my best but sometimes it wasn't enough. I was fighting a very big mountain or concrete wall that seemed indestructible.

Now that I've had a chance to step away and look at it I know that there is no way I could have moved that mountain. At least not at this time.... and I have finally accepted that. I don't like to accept defeat - I rarely let it go. But this time, I will and I'm okay with it. I can still do what's right and do my best to make things better but I need to take smaller steps and/or go to a different mountain. Ultimately, the idea is to go higher and get to a better place within oneself. If you can't be happy with yourself, how can you be happy with where you are?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)