Dog Days of Summer

Well, I've thought about writing many times and just couldn't find the inspiration. I hate it when that happens. I've been happy writing short little spurts of wisdom on FB or Twitter but if it was more than 150 characters I just didn't have the energy.

Oh well.... I know it's just a phase!

It's been a busy summer. I just wrapped up working at Camp CSTOCK teaching music/drama to kids. It was a BLAST and I loved every moment of it. My niece flew up from Cali and spent 10 days with us. We had fun being tourists and showing her around. We took trips to the ocean, to Mt. Rainier and to DT Seattle (mostly shops and the market) in three days! I was exhausted to say the least.

Summer here has been spectacular and I've loved the sunshine so much. My garden has been doing well and most of the sick plants I had from last winter thrived. I lost my bay laurel plus my kale for some crazy reason so I will need to replace them but all the rest of the veggies and herbs have been growing like weeds.

My MIL will be coming to spend all of the fall and 1/2 the winter with us starting in 2 weeks. I always struggle with this but it's part of my responsibility to help take care of her.  It's tough to say that I love her but don't necessary like her. That's even too harsh.... I do like her BUT she still drives me crazy. Oh well, there's always at least one person in our family that does that, right?

I've had job interviews and leads here and there but no real bites other than an interview with PSNS last month. Still waiting to hear but I'm doubtful. I know the supervisors loved me but I still need to undergo background checks and all that.  All of a sudden, I did get called for some part time position interviews with the school district and OC so I'm hopeful I'll have a couple of jobs to make up for the full-time job that seems to be eluding me. I had one interview today and have a test on Friday for another. And hopefully, another job will become available to me - a friend is trying to get me an interview.

Money is starting to get really tight so I'm hoping the right job comes up soon. I am worrying when I shouldn't..... I'm doing the best I can and I suppose I could always go back to sales. I'm just trying to avoid it since I'm directing a show which auditions in about 3 weeks time. I really need my nights free!

Speaking of which....I'm going into final planning stages for my show, "A Christmas Carol - The Musical" at CSTOCK. It's tough dealing with Christmas stuff in August! I'm NOT in the mood!

Well...that's my 'What I did last summer' report for now. I'm hoping to have a happy addendum to attach onto this if I get a job!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)

Something's Coming