Bracing myself....

My first weekend without having to worry about reviewing lines or performing "Master Class"! Wow! Of course, I'm just about ready to take off to be house manager at another theatre though.... gotta love live theatre!

Well, I had my latest check up at the orthodontist.  Believe it or not, it's now been 18 months since I got my braces and all my teeth have finally moved so there are NO gaps!  My dentist is going to be shocked when I go in for my checkup next week!  Both he and my orthodontist were sure I'd have to have bridges and/or implants done to fill the gaps! I'm so impressed! Medical science is amazing.

Speaking of which... I've been avoiding going into the dentist's office for my cleaning this past year and I know I'm going to be paying for it now. My wonderful orthodontist assistant Crystal, pointed out a pretty puffy and swollen area of gum line and was concerned I might have an infection. Ugh.... oh well, at least I didn't delay on getting an appointment for a checkup AND a cleaning (God help me - I HATE them so much) so I'll be be sitting in the chair next Tuesday. My poor teeth have always had some kind of issues and I think I have developed an incredibly high pain tolerance because of it. The dental surgeries I've had are pretty major and I've been lucky enough to never relapse or have infections, etc. I guess we all have our weaknesses and my teeth are mine.

So even with the semi-bad news at least I am getting it dealt with quickly.  My orthodontist (the great Dr. Johnson) said that I no longer have to wear the rubber bands on both sides anymore. I do have to wear one right in front as much as I can in order to bring the lower teeth to be matched perfectly with the uppers but I don't have to wear them in public. He said that I'm that close to being ready for my jaw surgery! Wow.... I can hardly believe this. I have been waiting and waiting for my teeth to be ready and it's almost time! 

I am a bit concerned since surgery is going to cost us $10k out of pocket but it's what has to be done in order for me to not break any teeth and for me to have the perfectly aligned jaw.  I know God will provide and help us so I'm not worrying too much about it. :-)

Okay, well it's off to volunteer on my first weekend off! Poor Mark.... he never gets to see his wife! But he knows this is what I love to do....so he puts up with it. ;-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)