Too Much Time On My Hands....

Oh, I'm showing my age with Styx song titles!

Seriously, I cannot get over how easy it is to do nothing when you aren't working. Of course, there's stuff to be done but it's easy to just get by with the bare minimum!

I tried to take on a piano gig - unfortunately, my right arm decided it wasn't capable of withstanding the pressure of doing a week of run throughs and shows. Sad to lose out on the money but it's cheaper than surgery!

I got hired as a substitute para educator for BSD and got in a day of work this week. Of course, the first check won't even matter because I had to pay for fingerprinting with it. Still, I am hoping this leads to me getting the job I really want. They still haven't let me know if I'm even being interviewed. It's agony waiting, especially since I got a chance to work in the office and I now know everyone there. I even ran into an old HS friend that works in the superintendent's office so it would be such an easy transition for me to work there. I'm praying really hard for me to get this. It's the perfect job for me right now. It will give me just enough flexibility to continue with my teaching (when that picks up again) and lets me work summers at my theatre camp.  So dear reader (if there are any of you out there), please send up a prayer or ask your deity for some guidance for the hiring gods at BSD to pick me!!! :-)

In some better news, this 50 year old kid continues to wear her braces proudly and just came back from her orthodontic appointment. My orthodontist, Dr. Johnson said that he's so amazed at how well my teeth have responded to the treatment. I had some serious issues and some gaps to deal with and they're almost completely closed. He thought he wouldn't be able to move them and told me back in October 2011 that I'd probably have to get bridges or implants to finish up my teeth. We're probably looking at least another 2-4 months to finish closing the little gaps before moving on to the next phase.....jaw surgery.  That's a whole different story and one that I can't really worry about since we need to have $10k to pay for it before I can go in. Until we're both working again, that kind of money has to go to pay our mortgage and other important bills. I'm praying that the job situation changes quickly so that we'll be ready for me to go into the hospital for the procedure as soon as my orthodontist declares my teeth/bite to be ready.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)