Rambling, rambling, rambling.....

It's 4 days before we take off on our Alaskan cruise! I'm so darn excited. Mark has never been on a cruise ship before and it's been about 20 years since I have! Trying to get things clean and ready for our wonderful friend who'll be house & dog/cat sitting for the week. I hate cleaning but I hate the idea of someone staying in our house if it's a disaster zone!

I'm feeling like (to steal from early Steve Martin) a 'ramblin guy'.  I have so many thoughts going through my head and wanted to treat the blog like a Harry Potter pensieve to relieve my brain of some of these thoughts.

So..... here goes. I need to get my focus back and writing down all these thoughts should help get that back!

1) Why do people have to use FB to rant and be hurtful? It seems pointless to me. I understand using it because it's SOCIAL media.  But come on, most of us are grown ups and if you have a beef with someone or some group get the cojones to say what you think.  FB is NOT the place to argue and name-call.

2) We're looking at adopting a retiring show dog! It's a beautiful 3 year old Sheltie (keeping her name and breeder's name under wraps until it's a go) and I am beyond thrilled to be stepping into this realm again. It hasn't been very long since we lost Emmy Lou and Jessie but there really is a hole here in the Jackson home and our two remaining pups seem really lost. They're adjusting of course, but they're not really guard dogs. Our Emmy was compact but she was a great guard dog, herder, and protector extraordinaire.  Emmy was part Sheltie and it showed in her behavior. So smart....so kind and so giving. We're hoping this potential new family member will be able to fill a void and we're hoping to be able to provide her with a home where she can just enjoy her life and not worry about being shown or tested!

3) I hate doing taxes. Even when they're easy.

4) I'm tired of mediocrity. I've talked about some of my issues with this in my local theatrical world before but I'm really sick and tired of what I've been seeing. I would like to get past the political BS and just be honest and forthright and get the crap out. Volunteering doesn't have to mean crappy product, right? The word amateur means 'for the love of', not unprofessional. Just because you're not being paid shouldn't mean a show should be crappy. I'll continue to take this stand with every show I direct and or participate in.

5) My braces are doing their job but it's been hell for the past month. My newest/strongest wires and power chains have caused headache, jaw ache and now puffy gums. What a pain in the ass! I know that the end result of this is going to be a spectacular smile with very healthy teeth so it's worth it. I guess I just wish that someone had told me I'd have a head/jaw ache for 3 weeks! Now, dealing with these puffed up gums is really bugging me but at least there isn't pain!

6) I must be nuts..... I'm going to direct a lot this year. I guess it's that 'amateur' thing again. I LOVE this stuff.

7) My MIL is coming up for 3 months. Pray for my sanity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)