Happy Ho, ho, ho

It doesn't matter what day you celebrate, getting presents is way too much fun! Mark and I ended up celebrating Xmas and my birthday on New Year's Eve/day and it was awesome! Mark got me Opus: 25 Years of His Sunday Best (remember the comic strip 'Bloom County' or 'Outfield' by Berke Breathed?) which has to be one of my all time favorite gifts. Opus the Penguin is one of my heros and this book just shows him at his best (and worst!). I recommend this book highly! There were some other super cool gifts including Emeril Lagasse's book Emeril's Potluck (one of the easiest and best American cookbooks ever) and some wonderful pearl jewelry from my mom. Jewelry is awesome.....I keep reminding myself to stop buying so much costume stuff and invest in nicer things but it's too darn fun to buy things! But I digress..... ultimately, I think it's more fun to give gifts than to receive and watching Mark open up some of the things I got him (despite my tight budget) was a joy. I'm super proud of the cool things I got him....and I know he loved what he got! It doesn't get much better than that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)