Gobble, gobble

Happy Thanksgiving...well almost!

It's the day before American Thanksgiving (Canadians celebrate it on a totally different day, ya know)!!!!!

Still plugging away on my diet. Going to make lots of sweets that I can't eat but I am totally okay with it. Yes, I can't lick fingers, utensils or bowls but at least I have very clean hands since I constantly wash my hands to avoid the sugar. ;-)

Very grateful for so many things. Especially grateful for the most loving and wonderful husband though. He is my rock and my everything. I love him more than anything/anyone and I only hope he knows how much.

My pups and my cat (MY kids-LOL) too. Yeah, it's been a tough 18 months or so having lost our 3 other dogs and cat and I still miss each one of them all the time but at least I can smile when I think about them now.

My friends and family are mostly distant in terms of mileage but I am grateful for them too. Our closest friends (The Delmendos) are our family here so we are especially grateful for their love and friendship. Kimberly has seen me through the worst of times and I love her like a sister. Her husband Jon is the best - he truly is like a brother and one of Mark's best friends. Their kids are like our nephews to us.....gotta love family!

I miss my parents a lot, especially these days but I am especially grateful that they are in a place where I hope to be someday. They are happy and healthy and whole and filled with joy where they are and nothing can beat that. I won't blab on about religion here but I know heaven is where they deserve to be. For that I am truly grateful.

Speaking of religion, Mark is taking RCIA class (the adult classes for Catholic conversion) to see if he'd like to become a Catholic in the future. I've been going with him and it's been great because I'm getting a refresher course on everything I learned over 13+ years in Catholic school and in religious ed classes. We have a remarkable teacher in Tim Herring and for him, his family (for letting us steal him for a few hours a week) and the church for giving us the gift of Tim's teaching I am forever grateful.

Having found my diet/lifestyle plan is another thing I'm grateful for. I know it's not for everyone because of the expense but I am so glad I've done it anyway. The expense of medical bills, prescriptions and future ailments would be far worse if I hadn't gotten this under control. I was pre-diabetic, had (still have a little) high blood pressure, arthritis plus a few other issues. I haven't done another diabetes test since August but I will bet you I'm completely out of danger now. My circulation is amazing now - no tendonitis, no tingles, no numbness, nada! My blood pressure is better too. Still not at its best but I don't mind taking a little pill everyday. I've lost 42 lbs as of today and I'm gunning for another 18-19 (maybe a couple less depending on what the doctor says).

Looking forward to directing a show (this weekend is auditions!) and then another show in the early spring! Have so much more energy now so I bet I'll be a much happier director which means a very happy cast! Lots of things to be grateful for!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)