Health & Wellness: I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts

Yes, yes..... it's more about coconut oil.

Poor Mark, I go on and on about it and he just laughs. I guess the guys at work are making fun of him because everything I'm making (baked goods in particular) have coconut in them now. Seriously.... I have officially gone through my first jar (from Costco - the Nutriva brand) and I think it's doing some good things.

I keep reading about the health benefits and I'm sold. I have lost 3 lbs of the weight that I had regained (not nice to lose 16 and gain back 8!).  I'm not doing a lot of exercise but have started a new regimen of walking and working out again. Hopefully I can stick to this since I have a show to do in late March and I don't want to feel winded and fat onstage.

One great benefit I've notice so far is that my knees are not making those creaking noises and they don't hurt going down stairs. With all this excess weight I know my knees and feet have been taking a lot of pressure and the pain was noticeable. Since starting on coconut oil though, the knees feel great again. I'm hoping this continues to improve.

As for other health benefits, good fats are supposed to help even out blood sugar, lower blood pressure and help control appetites. I'm noticing that I do crave less food and less sugar. I'm hoping this continues.... another terrific benefit (or 3) would be less fatigue, less brain fog, better sleep, more energy and it's even tied in with helping those with Alzheimer's. Coconut oil also is great for your skin and it even makes a great cleaner (natural Good: equal parts coconut oil & baking soda). Go figure!

Okay, enough about coconut oil for today!

 See, even monkeys understand the benefits! :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)