Turn, Turn, Turn

I'm sitting here looking at a little bit of that 'snow' that was supposed to bombard us yesterday but finally decided to show up. I think this snow should be fired for not knowing their entrance cue!

Today is a wonderful day. It's also sad for me too. A year ago today I was sicker than a dog but managed to pull it together enough to marry the most wonderful man in the world. Mark and I were in balmy Las Vegas, celebrating the first day of the 'rest of our lives' and the first phone call we made as we were driving away from the chapel was to my mom.

She knew where we were and what we were doing of course. But hearing her voice on my cell phone she seemed so joyfully surprised and that is the memory of the wedding I cherish and hold dearest to me right now. You never know when you'll be called back 'home' and I am grateful that I had my mom here on this earth to talk to on that special day. To think she didn't want to go because she didn't want to leave her very old dog.

I'm looking at that very same dog right now.... Jessieis actually doing quite well despite having lost her 'mama'. I am amazed that we are managing to take care of 4 dogs... certainly nothing like having kids but still time consuming and our social lives are a little more wrapped around their schedules!

It's been a year of highs and lows.  Actually, a lot of lows.  My wedding was truly the shining moment followed by the day we adopted our Taiwanese rescue puppy.  A greater part of the year was like I was banging my head against a cement wall. Let me be blunt. 2010 was probably the worst year of my life.  Despite it all, I realize I am a lot stronger than I realized. I have made it through a lot of bad times. I know that I could not have dealt with it as well as I have without Mark, my extended family and friends and my pups.

I thank God each day that Mark came into my life.  He's been my rock for almost 10 years and my husband for 1 year. I love you Mr. Jackson and I am so honored to be your wife.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)