Burnout....update

Yikes.....I thought about posting my thoughts so many times over the past 3 months but I just couldn't sit down and do it. I should...a diary/blog is a great way to put your views out there and give your mind a chance to let go of all the daily stresses of life!

Quick update:
March 05 was all about 'Drood' and work. Living, sleeping, breathing constantly as a director.
April 05 was still all about 'Drood', LOL. It was a ton of hard work but it sure turned out to be probably the best show I've ever done. My staff, my crew, the band and actors pulled off a show that was one of the funniest, most entertaining live theatre events I have ever seen.
April - May 05 was about 'Drood' and 'Working' rehearsals. You can see the trend....one show after another! It was nice to switch into actor mode again and allow the director to rest.
May - June 05 was 'Working'. The Jewel Box Theatre is a real 'gem' of a black box theatre. I really enjoyed acting and singing there. Got to play a few characters and let the belter come out for a rock/gospel-y number. Fun to play a call girl all dressed up in satin and then immediately switch to a factory worker in flannels & jeans and sing James Taylor's 'Millworker' (probably one of my all time favorite songs ever). This was a fun group of actors and musicians to work with. I look forward to working at this theatre again someday. If I find any decent pics I'll post them shortly.

Now it's July and I am tired. LOL. I am out of shape so that's part of it but I had a cold that about knocked me on my butt for a long time. Directing really wiped me out this time so I'm taking the year off from that. I hope to do more acting for a while, kind of returning to the well for some fresh new ideas. For the longest time I was enjoying directing much more than acting but now the roles have reversed yet again! I know I'll learn some new tricks from other directors and it'll be good to come back a director as a stronger actor.

At least Mark and I will be heading to our favorite hangout - Las Vegas very soon! July 22-25 weekend we'll just pop on in and right out for a little well deserved R&R. We're going to see the Blue Man Group while we're there and I am so excited! We're staying at the Las Vegas Hilton where our friend Jamie works. Can't wait! Oh yeah, and the Hilton has the Star Trek Experience....I am such a NERD! I love that place! The 22nd can't get here soon enough!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a great show!

Happy Anniversary (NOT)