I was thinking about my last entry. I know it was a bit harsh but I was really writing from the heart at that given moment. I don't edit my thoughts other than my spelling so what you read is going through my brain pretty much those seconds before I type it. I am not having second thoughts as much as I am trying to re-think or re-state some of it. I do believe that I am one of the harshest critics around but I also think I really enjoy shows a lot when I go see them. I do try to see the best of it and even if I don't like the show for whatever reason, I really do appreciate all the hard work that went into it. I am a good audience member and I will find something amazing in every show. I will laugh and cry if I'm moved by something. So, I think I do enjoy more than 75% of a show most of the time. I think I really do see the good in performances. I think what my biggest issue is may be more about the big picture. That isn't controlled by the actors or designers. Thi...
I wish someone could have gotten it through my very thick head that good quality shoes are the best investment you can make in your life. Our feet take a major beating and they're the only ones we'll ever have. I am paying for my past 'fashion' choices and have to get pedicures to keep the calluses at bay. (Sorry if that's TMI but it's true.) So....those of you who are still young enough to be stupid... get good shoes and make sure they fit right. I know looks are important but the smart person will find the right shoe that still looks relatively cool.
I am in somewhat of a cynical mood. This isn't my normal MO to say the least. I have been doing something I love (directing) and we have been working hard to sell my mom's house over the past month. With the show opening in 12 days and the papers being signed on Tuesday for the house I'm now starting the process of packing up everything so the buyers can start doing their remodeling and stuff just in time for hell week of the show. Everything should wrap up all by the end of November. So..... why am I being so cranky? Well, that's a good question. The anniversary of my mom's passing was an awful day and the days after haven't been much better. We're approaching the two biggest holidays of the year plus my birthday and I also have to deal with having a guest in our house soon. Because I'm honest I can say that as much as I love Thanksgiving and Christmas it just doesn't feel the same now that my family is basically gone. I often feel like I shouldn...
Comments